1 more sorry!

Do you mean \(\displaystyle \frac{2x^{-1}+y^{-1}}{x^{-1}-y^{-1}}\)?

Well, anything to a negative power means that you flip it to the opposite side of a fraction. For example, if you have x<sup>-4</sup>, you'd make that \(\displaystyle \frac{1}{x^4}\). Or if you have \(\displaystyle \frac{1}{x^{-4}}\), then it would end up as x<sup>4</sup>.

So, having said that, do you want to try that again?

I posted the problem fine I do not have graphics like you. Can you show me what you mean for the second step where I did it wrong?

The way that I write my equations like that is by using LaTex...it's like html for math. To figure out how to do it, scroll your mouse over the Forum Help option at the to of your screen, then look through a LaTex guide. I JUST figured it out, lol.

isabelle2hot said:
I posted the problem fine
Actually, you forgot to include the instructions. Are you evaluating for some given values of x and y? Finding the domain? Simplifying? Re-writing with positive exponents?

isabelle2hot said:
Can you show me...where I did it wrong?
I'm sorry, but whatever work and steps you've posted aren't displaying for me.

Please reply with the instructions for this exercise, and a clear listing of the steps you tried. If you have the answer (from the back of the book, say) that is making you think you did something "wrong", please include that as well.

Thank you.

Eliz.

Well, if your worksheet didn't include any instructions, and if you aren't familiar with the topics that have been covered recently in your class, then I'm afraid it will be difficult to advise you on how to proceed. Sorry.

Eliz.