Measure of the largest angle?

Jamie27

I have 3 corners..the top corner is (8x-11) degrees, the bottom left corner is (3x-4) degrees and left right corner is 2x.

I thought that it has to equal 180 degrees but I came up with x=12? and the available answers are:

1) 131
2) 109
3) 41
4) 30

Can someone show me how to do this? Would I plug these numbers in as x? but when i do that i get more than 180?

Thank you for your help on this!
Jamie :D

Jamie27 said:
I have 3 corners.
Would these perhaps be the "vertices" of a "triangle"...? Or are you referring to something else?

Thank you.

Eliz.

(8x-11) degrees, the bottom left corner is (3x-4) degrees and left right corner is 2x.

8x - 11 + 3x - 4 + 2x = 180

How did you get x = 12 ?!

Jamie27 said:
I have 3 corners..the top corner is (8x-11) degrees, the bottom left corner is (3x-4) degrees and left right corner is 2x.

I thought that it has to equal 180 degrees but I came up with x=12? and the available answers are:

1) 131
2) 109
3) 41
4) 30

Can someone show me how to do this? Would I plug these numbers in as x? but when i do that i get more than 180?

Thank you for your help on this!
Jamie :D

If the figure is a triangle and the expressions given are the measures of the three angles (would it have been so hard to say it that way??), then it is true that the measures of the three angles must add up to 180.

So,
8x - 11 + 3x - 4 + 2x = 180

Solve that carefully for x.....and you should not get x = 12.....

Once you have the value of x, substitute that value for x in each of the expressions given for the angle measures. The largest angle measure should match up with one of the answer choices given.

I hope this helps you.