I need some help.

Video343(as on IGN)

I;m seriously sorry I know I'm not supposed to ask this way but I need some help.
"A ball is tossed upward with an initial velocity of 42.5 feet per second. The equation below shows the velocity (v) of the ball after "t" secconds."
v=-32t=42.5
"After how/now many secconds is the velocity 0 feet per seccond? Round the answer to the nearest tenth of a seccod?"
If u can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

They've given you that v = 0 and asked for the value of t. Where are you stuck in solving the linear equation?

Please reply showing all of your work thus far.

Thank you.

Eliz.

stapel said:
They've given you that v = 0 and asked for the value of t. Where are you stuck in solving the linear equation?

Please reply showing all of your work thus far.

Thank you.

Eliz.
No, thank YOU. I have no work so far. :oops:

Video343(as on IGN) said:
I;m seriously sorry I know I'm not supposed to ask this way but I need some help.
"A ball is tossed upward with an initial velocity of 42.5 feet per second. The equation below shows the velocity (v) of the ball after "t" secconds."
v=-32t+42.5
"After how/now many secconds is the velocity 0 feet per seccond? Round the answer to the nearest tenth of a seccod?"
Try to notice relationships between the given information and the problem statement.

Given: The equation below shows the velocity (v) of the ball after "t" secconds.
Problem: After how many seconds is the velocity 0 feet per seccond?

'v' changes with 't'

v(t) = -32t+42.5
v(0) = -32(0) + 42.5 = 0+42.5 = 42.5
v(1) = -32(1) + 42.5 = -32+42.5 = 10.5
v(2) = -32(2) + 42.5 = -64+42.5 = -21.5

It looks to me like the anwser is somewhere between t = 1 and t = 2. Can you solve it directly?