Binomial Theorem and Probability/Statistics.

G

I'm taking a self paced class through the mail. I'm working on a rough draft of this topic: "Identify three roles that the Binomial Theorem plays in probability and statistics." I started down the path of exploring Combinations, Permutations, and Probability. I got a good draft worked up and submitted it and it was promptly shot down :( The teacher told me to think more of "How can the binomial theorem be used to address specific problems?" I thought I was heading down the right track. This is supposed to be related to Probability and Statistics. Are there some similar roles that aren't completely confusing and complicated?

I understand how the Binomial Theorem works just fine. When I Googled and cross matched Binomial Theorem with Probability and Statistics...I often saw Combinations, Permutations, and Probability, so I headed that direction. When I further explored Binomial Theorem's "roles", I started finding things that are way, way over my head. Stuff related to electrical engineering and other odd ball stuff that I had no clue what they're talking about.