percents

G

I never really understood percents in highschool, and know that I want to take my GED I am worried. I've taken two parts of the CASAS and I know that I didn't do the percent questions right at all. PLEASE PLEASE can someone just give me the basics on doing percents??????? Thank you

Pecent means per hundred so it is just a matter of removing the % and dividing by 100 or adding a % and multiplying by 100.
110% = 1.1
5 = 500%
If you have a problem you are stuck on, post it here.

peasalty said:
can someone just give me the basics on doing percents?
I'm sorry, but we cannot teach courses here. (The volunteers help students work through specific homework exercises.)

Are you requesting links to online lessons, so you can learn about the topics of fractions, decimals, and percents?

Thank you.

Eliz.

thank you very much for that, that definitly does help. the problem I was talking about was; what is 7% of $7992.80 what steps do I take to solve this. I need the dollar amount

Change 7% to .07 and multiply by 7992.80.
Or if you want to be tricky do the devision to 7992.80 and multiply 7*79.928 but if that confuses you ignore this sentence.

can someone help me?

25% of 88 is the same as what percent of 22?
1) 12.5 % 2) 40% 3) 50% or 4) 100%

Well, i started off by thinking to find 25 percent of 88
25/100 = x/88 it ends up to be x=22

then i tried 40/100 = 22/x>2200=40x which equals 55. I was experimenting, and i am really confused, can someone help me please? thank you

Well you started off right.
25%*88=22
But
(22/22)*100 = ?

Re: can someone help me?

hbtcutie92 said:
25% of 88 is the same as what percent of 22?
Please stop multi-posting your questions. Please do not "hijack" other students' threads. Please review the replies on this exercise provided to you by the tutors last week.

Thank you.

Eliz.