fixing some of the categories

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of the new categories allow for "guest" postings and polls. Also, some categories do not contain the "Read this before posting" message.

Could this be fixed?

Also, should Differential Equations be merged with Calculus (like Geometry and Trig are together in one)? Diff-EQ doesn't seem to get many posts....

Thank you.

Eliz.

stapel said:
Also, should Differential Equations be merged with Calculus (like Geometry and Trig are together in one)? Diff-EQ doesn't seem to get many posts....
Actually I would hope that this category would be expanded to include any Science questions. This is my prejudice. I will not answer questions in this category; I know nothing about them.

I do think DiffEQ should be a part of the Calculus section, though I also think there should be a Science Applications section (particularly physics). However, this may not be the intention of the webmaster and it may eventually lead to this being a Math/Science forum...

stapel said:
Some of the new categories allow for "guest" postings and polls. Also, some categories do not contain the "Read this before posting" message.
Could this be fixed?
Thank you.
Eliz.
Further to that: if I forget to log in, my post goes under "guest";
can we get a warning?