False "Topic Reply Notification"

wjm11

On Aug. 2, I received several Topic Reply Notification emails on problems I had responded to around July 23. The links to those problems did not work. (I got a "topic does not exist" message when I tried to use the supplied links.)

I searched for the referenced problems and found them, but no one had actually replied to them after my posts.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced similar events... (?)

Bill

The forums were flooded with spam-ads: two hundred identical ads posted as replies to two hundred different threads.

You would have received notification on any of those threads to which you'd been subscribed. But since the ads were pulled down fairly quickly, you would not have found anything when you clicking on the link in the notification e-mail.

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Eliz.

Yeah that was crazy all those spam adds on Aug. 2nd. I would hate to be the one to delete all those.......... ;)

Yes, that is annoying, especially to the moderators and Ted who have to delete them. What kind of a boorish toad would have the chutzpah to advertise a tutoring service one has to pay for on a site which is free?.

I receive a mess of those replay notifications also, but knew what had happened once I saw the inundation of spam ads.