offensive material?

wjm11

Just wondering what the best notification process might be if offensive material is found in postings. Any advice/suggestions? I just PM'd moderators, but I don't know if anyone's home. Are moderator(s) usually/usually not/sometimes "lurking?"

I'm frequently "around", but wasn't this morning. Since mods are not able to delete accounts (and all the posts on those accounts), this is a by-hand process, which understandably can take a while.

The only one who can ban IP's is the Admin, so you might want to contact Ted. Sorry.

Eliz.

I couldn't figure out how to delete the images without downloading them. Since I was on my employer's LAN, I couldn't do it. I have to explain two of them for trying. Grrr...

tkhunny said:
I couldn't figure out how to delete the images without downloading them. Since I was on my employer's LAN, I couldn't do it. I have to explain two of them for trying. Grrr...

Oh goodness wow that is not cool. Whoever put all these inappropriate pics srzly needs to get banned. :twisted:

The best solution for now is to PM me and the other Moderators. I'm trying to figure out a way that moderators can delete users... it would make the process a lot faster.

Ted

tkhunny said:

Since I am a moderator on a similar help forum to this, and we have
had this same problem a number of times, and I too have had to deal with
this from a work machine I can offer some help about the images
(which I would rather not see even when working on my own machine).

If you are using Internet Exploder, go to the tools menu, select
Internet Options, go to the Advanced Tab scroll down to the multimedia
section and there is a box there that will let you stop IE downloading
images (you might want to switch on image place holders - I do but I
dont know if it is essential).

RonL