Dateline New York -- Teacher Arrested

mmm4444bot

Super Moderator
NEW YORK - A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a slide rule, and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzalez said. "They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined that they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'There are three sides to every triangle.'

'When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better Weapons of Math Instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes." White House aides told reporters that they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the president.

Copy, Paste, and Send! Just sent that to my math teacher :D

jonboy said:
brendan3eb said:
Copy, Paste, and Send! Just sent that to my math teacher :D

Maybe you will get extra credit. ;)
Nah, but if I made a youtube video for this, maybe. I can picture a correspondent in a fishing jacket walking by classrooms now...Yeah, someone should make a video for youtube

jonboy said:
Maybe you will get extra credit. ;)
Maybe your math teacher will have seen it several years ago, when I first saw it, and there will be no positive impression made. It's still cute.

I don't understand what Al-gebra and denomonator is supposed to mean there. But it is pretty funny.

Goistein said:
I don't understand what Al-gebra and denomonator is supposed to mean there. But it is pretty funny.

I'm fairly sure Al-gebra is supposed to mimic Al-Qaeda.

"philanderer Isosceles" may mean "philosopher Sophocles/Socrates". Although, I don't see what philandering has to do with math. Though, apparently, on a questionably somewhat-related note, Albert Einstein was all about that.

I'm not sure about denominator... Maybe denomination?

Oh I see...
*Reads it again*
*cough**cough*
*Bursts out laughing* :lol:
How did you find this mmm4444bot?

Regrets

Hi Goistein:

I regret that I no longer remember where I saw this joke.

~ Mark

PS: In the future, please consider sending me your question(s) in a private message. This way, I will be able to respond in a timely manner because I'm notified when there are private messages waiting for me (I do not always check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox on my posts.)

cc: Goistein (private message)