help algebra!!!

collier

Ok well I just moved, and started high school on friday. My math teacher started out in a algebra 1 book in chapter 8. I moved from connecticut which my math teacher never tought us algebra. Last year I was in 8th and now I go to this new high school and I guess the kids here in north carolina did algebra in 8th and I didnt. I am really confused and I am seeking help. She gave us a quiz today on the 3rd day of school and I didnt know anything on it . Can anyone help me like where to start out.. I need to learn quickly or I might keep failing all of my papers. I have no clue what to do what so ever.

Thanks for your help

Is there no guidance teacher at that new school of yours :shock:

collier said:
Can anyone help me like where to start out.
If you are requesting assistance with some particular question, please post that exercise, along with the instructions, showing what you have done and where you are stuck.

If, on the other hand, you are requesting a re-teaching of whatever background material the other students learned last year, I'm afraid this is well beyond anything we can accomplish within this enviroment.

You might want to conference with your academic advisor regarding course placement, or else consider hiring a tutor, local to your area, with whom you can spend a few hours a week (or every day) in order to get caught up.

Good luck!

Eliz.