Statistics: Solve 'O = z sqrt o2/n' for z, n, and o2

Really, if you can't solve this for 'z', you are totally in the wrong class. You simply MUST go have a chat with your teacher and see if something appropriate can be done.

ocgirl83 said:
Let O = z square root o2/ n.
Does "o2" mean "o squared" (that is, "o<sup>2</sup>" or "o^2")? If not, what does it mean? What all is inside the square root? Just the "o2"? Also the "n"? Or something else?

ocgirl83 said:
its just throwing me off because they are greek letters
Then replace the Greek letters with Latin letters of your choice, solve as usual, and then put the Greek letters back.

If you get stuck, please reply showing how far you have gotten. Thank you.

Eliz.

One thing you may wish to do is simply PRACTICE writing the Greek symbols. You will need Mu, Sigma (upper- and lower-case), and probably Rho, Alpha, Beta, and possibly several others. Familiarize yourself with them and never again allow them to threaten your success. Learn their sounds and figure out how to spell your name in Greek. Have a little fun!!! Don't you know anyone Greek?

Greek

I'm from Tennessee. I been outside the country for three years but i was also 2 so no I dont know anyone greek. Thanks for the idea though.

I assume your o is small sigma?.

\(\displaystyle \L\\{\sigma}\)

Because they're Greek letters shoudn't make any difference than if they were x's and y's. You could use the emoticons for variables if you wanted to. Replace them with something that suits you, solve and sub back in when you're done.

Is this your equation?:

\(\displaystyle \L\\O=z\frac{\sqrt{(\sigma)^{2}}}{n}\)

Well, this basic, simple algebra.

See the square inside the radical. That's a square root of a square, so they cancel one another and you're left with:

\(\displaystyle \L\\O=z\frac{\sigma}{n}\). See?.

Now, surely you can finish.

ocgirl83 said:
I would just +-X/ until i get them all z, o and n solved right?
:shock: Where is the "X" coming from? What does the rest of your post mean?

Please reply clearly showing your work and reasoning. Thank you.

Eliz.