[MOVED] How many different Combination possible?

vubu

There are 57 different keys one can press on this particular keyboard. The combination must be 6 to 25 character long. How many different combinations are possible?

Please show me the formula or how you did it. Thank you! :D

If I understand you correctly, you need to enter a code. This code has between six and twenty-five characters. Each of these characters can be any of the fifty-seven keys on the keyboard. And you need to figure out how many codes are possible, under these conditions.

Question: Can characters be repeated? For instance, would "AABCDE" be an allowable code? Or must all characters be different?

Thank you.

Eliz.

if 123456 is a combo, is 123465 a different combo,
or must 6 distinct keys be used only once?

stapel said:
If I understand you correctly, you need to enter a code. This code has between six and twenty-five characters. Each of these characters can be any of the fifty-seven keys on the keyboard. And you need to figure out how many codes are possible, under these conditions.

Question: Can characters be repeated? For instance, would "AABCDE" be an allowable code? Or must all characters be different?

Thank you.

Eliz.

yes this one too

6 character combos: 57^6 = 34,296,447,249 : ready to quit ? :shock:

oh 54million possible combination for 6 character mix?

lol what do you mean by that i'm trying to show my friend how impossible it is to guess someone's password

vubu said:
i'm trying to show my friend how impossible it is to guess someone's password
The relative ease of guessing many passwords is a totally different issue.

To complete this exercise, you need now to find the number of 7- through 25-character codes. Add up the number of each length code to get the total number of codes. This number will, naturally, be fairly large.

If you get stuck, please reply showing how far you have gotten on this exercise. Thank you.

Eliz.