duffie_stuff

Solve the following simultaneous equations:
1. 3x - 4y - 7 = y + 10 x = 10 = 4x - 7y

2. 8x + 24 = 15x + 15y = 80 - 10y

duffie_stuff said:
Solve the following simultaneous equations:

2. 8x + 24 = 15x + 15y = 80 - 10y
I'm sorry, but I don't understand either of your equations. The first equation has three "equals" signs in it, and the second has two. Each equation should have only one.

Please reply with corrections. When you reply, please state the method you are using for solving (matrices? Cramer's Rule? substitution? etc) and show how far you have gotten.

Thank you.

Eliz.

i am using elimination and substitution method to solve both of the questions and the answer for Q.1 is (-1, 2) and Q.2 is (12, -4)

duffie_stuff said:
i am using elimination and substitution method to solve both of the questions
Okay, but what are the questions? We still can't understand your "equations".

duffie_stuff said:
the answer for Q.1 is (-1, 2) and Q.2 is (12, -4)
Does this mean that your two "equations" are actually two different exercises...? So each "equation" should actually be two separate equations, rather than one "equation" with three "equals" signs...?

Please reply with corrections. (Putting the two different equations on separate lines would be helpful.) When you reply, please show what you've tried and how far you've gotten, so we can see where you're needing help.

Thank you.

Eliz.

my two "equations" are actually two different exercises.
i know how to solve Q.2 already.
It is supposed to be like this:
8x + 24 = 15x + 15y -------1
15x + 15y = 80 - 10y-------2
then i use the elimination method. But i still do not know how to solve Q.1.

duffie_stuff said:
i still do not know how to solve Q.1.
And until you tell us what the equations are, we won't know, either.

Please reply with corrections. (Putting the two different equations on separate lines would be helpful.) When you reply, please show what you've tried and how far you've gotten, so we can see where you're needing help.

Thank you.

Eliz.

there is only one line of equation which is and that is how it is written in my homework and they expect us to solve this equation: