[SPLIT] suggestions regarding sites for algebra self-study?

rebecca r

I do not need help with homework but a good site to learn about algebra have completed prealgebra fine good sites out there to help cant find a good one for algebra. know any? visted a few didnt understand

What topic(s) are you trying to study?

What site(s) did you visit? What did you not like about them? (Too "busy" and "flashy", hard to find lessons, too many ads, etc.)

For instance, this FreeMathHelp site has a listing of algebra lessons. Do they cover the topic(s) you're looking for? Do you like them? Why or why not?

Thank you.

Eliz.

math.com is where i went for prealgebra, for algebra free math help seems like a great site to someone who understands alittle bit already i didntr seem to understand what was going on need maybe a dummies guide to algebra type of site ive went to algebra.com purplemath and mathleague.com did not understand what they where talking about taking compas testing to get into nursing needed to pass algebra test

I've personally recommended purplemath.com to many students, who've reported back that they've found it most helpful. I recommend that you work through the lesson modules there, starting with the most basic ones (which cover what are essentially "pre-algebra" topics).

You might also want to consider a book (remember those??? those things printed on paper??). I recall seeing some programmed learning Algebra books, which are designed for students working on their own. You might want to check your local bookstore or an online book seller. You may even be able to find something on the order of Algebra for Dummies!

You may find it helpful (or even necessary) to hire a tutor who would work with you face to face on topics which you find difficult. If you can get a sample of the test you're required to take, a tutor could work with you on the topics you need to master for the test.

thanks for reply i wasnt finding much help for this on my computer might try tutor.thanks :D