What if major companies like Verizon couldnt do simple Math?

That's comical and frustrating to listen to. I would have exploded. That gentleman has more patience than me.

I wanted to pull out my hair about 5 minutes into it.

Moral: Lean math or be the laugh of the internet someday :D

Here in Arizona, they recently had a similar problem. The technical language of a tax increase said that the increase would be "0.80¢" (or "0.80 cents", if the "cent" character doesn't display in your browser).

They meant "eighty cents", or "$0.80" (that is, eighty one-hundredths of a dollar), but nobody caught the error until somebody noticed the problem in his early (mail-in) ballot. By that time, it was too late to fix it.

The initiative passed, but they're still fighting over how much additional tax they can really charge. :roll:

Eliz.

azadder said:
I don't see how that could be fought over... if the legislation said .80 cents, then the tax should be .80 cents.
If they intended $0.80 (or 80 cents), then 0.8 cents would be 0.8/80 = 1/100 of what had been intended. Interested parties would be expected to fight over a reduction of 99% of what had been asked.

Suppose you'd taken a job, expecting to make $11.75 an hour. Suppose that, because of a typo in the contract that you didn't notice, you ended up being paid only twelve cents an hour. Are you sure you would accept the 99% pay cut, simply because you'd signed the contract...?

Eliz.

azadder said:
I don't see how that could be fought over... if the legislation said .80 cents, then the tax should be .80 cents.

What are you, some sort of 'puppet of the establishment'?.