I have x code? Here I can have multiple changes consider 3.

giribabu

0 - live code
0.1 - changes
0.2 - changes
0.3 - changes

I need make combinations, like:

0+0.1
0+0.2
0+0.3

0+0.1+0.2+0.3
0+0.1+0.2
0+0.1+0.3

Will this be under the category of permutations or combinations, or something else? How would I define a fomula for this? Say 3! = 3*2 = 6. This is permuations, but here I am doing combinations only, I think...? Look at permuation; I have seven ways import a codex, practically.

What is an "x code"? What do the numbers with the "changes" mean? What are you doing with the "combinations"?

Please reply with clarifications. We may be able to help with the math, but you'll have to explain the rest of it. Thank you.

Eliz.

Re: I have x code? Here I can have multiple changes consider

giribabu said:

0 - live code
0.1 - changes
0.2 - changes
0.3 - changes

I need make combinations, like:

0+0.1
0+0.2
0+0.3

0+0.1+0.2+0.3
0+0.1+0.2
0+0.1+0.3

Will this be under the category of permutations or combinations, or something else? How would I define a fomula for this? Say 3! = 3*2 = 6. This is permuations, but here I am doing combinations only, I think...? Look at permuation; I have seven ways import a codex, practically.
The sum of all combinations \(\displaystyle 3 \choose k\) for \(\displaystyle k = 0 , 1, 2, 3\) is needed. By the binomial theorem this is

\(\displaystyle (x+y)^3 = \sum_{k=0}^3 {3 \choose k} x^k y^{3-k}\)

for \(\displaystyle x = y = 1.\) So the answer is \(\displaystyle 2^3 = 8.\) When you counted 7, you missed the combination \(\displaystyle 0+.2 + .3.\)