venn diagram setup question

hardys4ever2000

ok im not sure completely how i should set this up here are the "hints" to the diagram.

a survey of college students is taken to determin if they would support an increase in fees to fund expanded parking facilities. The results are summarized below.

84 males sponded to the survey
70 commuters responded to the survey
54 females favored the increase in fees
17 males favored the increase in fees
15 males who lived in the dorms favored the increase in fees
12 commuting females favored the fee increase
13 male commuters did not favor the increase in fees
52 females responded who lived on campus

completely label and fill in the 3-set venn diagram

all i really need help with is how i should set it up then i can normally figure it out, what should the 3 "titles" of the diagram be, i was thinking males, in favor, and lived in the dorm, any help you can give is greatly appreciated thanks!

It would appear that you have four classes: males, females, commuters, and dorm-dwellers, with no overlap between. (For instance, a male student cannot also be a female student.)

Off the top of my head, "Male", "Dorm", and "Yes" sound like useful labels. The triangular-ish overlap in the center would, naturally, be the 15 males in the dorms in favor of the issue.

The "Dorm" area that doesn't overlap with the "Male" circle would be females in the dorms. The "Yes" area that doesn't overlap with the "Male" circle would be females in favor. And so forth.

If "Male" is the top-left circle, "Dorm" is the top-right circle, and "Yes" is the bottom circle, then I would take the areas, going clockwise from the outer "Male" section and spiraling inward, as being:

. . . . .male, commuter, no
. . . . .female, dorm, no
. . . . .female, commuter, yes
. . . . .male, commuter, yes
. . . . .male, dorm, no
. . . . .female, dorm, yes
. . . . .male, dorm, yes

Then outside the circles you'd have "female, commuter, no".

Please check my work!

Eliz.