distribution: find flaw in study; determine skew in taxes

kishakai

I have a couple of questions in which I would like help with:

1) What is the biggest flaw in this study?
"38% of adults in the U.S. regularly visit a doctor". This conclusion was reached by a college student after she had questioned 520 randomly selected members of her college. What is wrong with her survey?

Partition bias
Selection bias
Confounding variables
Wording of question
Setting may not encourage honest responses.

I am thinking that it is "Settings may not encourage honest responses", but Im not sure.

2) The amounts of tax paid by U.S. residentsl
Left-skewed, Right-skewed, or Symmetric.

I am thinking Right-skewed....but then again...Im not sure.

3) Which of the following is NOT possible?

A distribution is left-skewed and the mean is equal to the median
A distribution is right-skewed and the mean is greater than the median
A distribution is not symmetric and the median is equal to the mean
A distribution has a single peak and the mean and median are different.

I am thinking the 3rd one....but not positive.

I would appreciate all the help I can get. I have been working on these all weekend and those are the answers I have came up with....Im hoping at least one of those are the right answer....but I need some reassurance. Thanks! :) :)

Can someone please help me with these problems. I have already answered them....just need a second opinion.

It can be frustrating to have to wait for a reply, but if you need instant response, there are plenty of places willing to take your money. For free services such as this, it is expected that posters may wait hours (twenty-five, in your case), even days, for an online reply. Thank you for your patience.

1) Most glaring to me is that "members of her college" is probably a very poor representation of the entire population. It is FAR TOO YOUNG. What kind of bias is that?

2) Extremely unclear. Individual residents? There is a hard limit to the left (well, with the Earned income credit it's not perfectly hard) and virtually no limit to the right. What kind of skew is that?

3) Think about this sample: 0, 3, 3, 4, 5. It's not very symmetric. What are the mean and median?

Oh I am very sorry! Thank you for your help and I do understand that it takes time, I should have been more patient. I am a very appreciative person...thanks again :)

No need to be sorry. We're all learning. Glad to be of some small service.

P.S. Thanks to the phantom editor. I feel almost kinder and gentler.