[SPLIT] describe two factors that influence relationships

futurewear

I need to describe two factors that influence relationships between two variables and can lead to misinterpretation of data analysis. And explain when it is appropriate to use averages when computing correlations and what statisticians should be aware of when doing this.

Can anyone help?

Subhotosh Khan said:
What does your text-book say?

Did you do a google search? - what did you find?
I did a search on google, yahoo, and msn and I am stuck. This is an online class. All info we submit has to be what we find offline. There is no book for the class.

futurewear said:
I did a search on google, yahoo, and msn and I am stuck. This is an online class. All info we submit has to be what we find offline. There is no book for the class.
If there is no text, no instruction, and no help, and if you are being required to find the lessons and provide them to your instructor, then you might want to consider a different school, or at least a different class. At the absolute minimum, you should be complaining to the administration: they've taken your money, but have provided absolutely no service. In fact, they are requiring that you provide the instructional service to them.

Since you have absolutely no background or instructional materials, clearly you need a textbook and real teacher in order to obtain the necessary conceptual understanding for this class, so that you can provide your current "instructor" with the current course's requirements. Unfortunately, this is not a service which we can provide within this environment.

You might want to consider buying a textbook at your local bookstore, and hiring a local tutor. By working face to face for an hour or two a day, you may be able to get caught up to your "instructor" and what he is "teaching" at the moment. Also, once this tutor has actually taught you the material, you will be in a much better position to understand what your "instructor" is asking for, and thus be able to do better Internet searches to provide your "instructor" with the online lessons he needs in order for him to learn the material. (Maybe then he'll actually be able to teach the next class he "teaches".)

I'm sorry to hear that your online experience is as bad as seems to be the norm; you have our sympathies! And I apologize that we simply aren't able to provide the hours of classroom instruction that you need.

My best wishes to you.

Eliz.

future wear sorry you aren't having much luck. i was in a class like that once before. that is the trouble with online classes. i will look and try to find something online for you.

i hope one of the tutors on here can offer you help in the meantime. i know how it feels to be stuck with nothing.

Can anyone atleast try to help me? Please! It isnt my fault I am in this type of course. I am just trying to get it dont so I can graduate.

Yes it is your fault - you chose to get into this type of class (who forced you?)...

If you want a good book for learning stats, get Elementary Statistics by Larson and Farber.(response from Galactus - a statistics teacher)

Listen, I have to take this class. I tis not my fault I didnt know it would be like this. All I asked for was help, if you cant help dont answer my plea!

There has already been substantial effort expended on this question:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/viewt ... 2695#92695

Note this part: "I didn't know" Are you SURE that isn't your fault? Why are you in a major that requires this class? It seems that could be your fault.

In any case, fault is not important. What is important is that you understand the material. Simply posting the same question over and over is not beneficial. Ranting and raving are not beneficial. Thinking is what is beneficial.

Frankly, I already answered your question quite sufficiently. If you don't understand that answer, you should say so.

"Proximity of time or space"

If things happen at the same time, it is easy to assume they are related.

If things happen in the same area, it is easy to assume they are related.

Criminal Example: Anyone seen running from the scene fo a crime is assumed to be a suspect.

If you're still not getting it, please do not post the question again on another thread. Think and talk - that is what will help.

futurewear said:
Can anyone atleast try to help me?
Many have attempted to help you, at length. Unfortunately, as was previously explained, we cannot teach the course(s) you need, and this teaching is clearly the "help" you need.

The volunteers here can help students work through specific difficulties, but this assistance requires that the student have at least some basic grasp of the underlying material, something you have repeatedly indicated is sorely lacking.

We are not able, within this environment, to remedy this lack. I'm sorry if somebody told you (quite erroneously) that we could. But I'm afraid this miscommunication was not on our end, nor does your confusion create any liability on our part. This forum is not a classroom, and we can not provide you with the hours of daily instruction that you are demanding.

futurewear said:
It isnt my fault I am in this type of course.
I'm sorry that you regret that you were ordered by the court (or whatever other agency forced you into this degree program through no "fault" or choice of your own). But this placement was even less our "fault" than it was yours, so it is unlikely that complaining to us of your (alleged) ill-treatment will generate any positive changes. Sorry.

Eliz.

I know this is an old thread, but I did find it helpful, and felt compelled to reply.

Based on the wording of the inital question, I am going to assume that the student was enrolled in the course I currently am taking. His question is word for word my assignment.

The writer indicates that there is no text ...or help available...and in that he is trying to make people feel sorry for him. There is a very good, comprehensive, online text that is supplied with the course, along with other resources provided by the school.

The structure is different from a "traditional" program in which you get to choose the math ..or any other subject for that matter..that you take. There are core areas of compentancy you must master, and this is one of them.

So, from someone who is currently searching for the same understanding....I thank you for your time and effort in helping me to further understand the material! :)