Graphing equations: 6x - 5y + 20 = 0, x + 3 = 0, etc

racerx13

Ok so i completely forgot on how to do this and we are just going over it for review, but i am having some trouble on how to get the equation to equal Y so i can find the coordiantes to graph it. I didn't have enough time in class to ask my teacher for help cause the bell had just rung when i got to these problems. I just need to get an example or two and from there i should be fine.

Some of the equations are:

6x - 5y +20 =0

x + 3=0

2x - 7 =0

-2x = 2y+5

Thanks in advance!

Re: Graphing equations

racerx13 said:
Ok so i completely forgot on how to do this and we are just going over it for review, but i am having some trouble on how to get the equation to equal Y so i can find the coordiantes to graph it. I didn't have enough time in class to ask my teacher for help cause the bell had just rung when i got to these problems. I just need to get an example or two and from there i should be fine.

6x - 5y +20 =0

-5y = -20 - 6x ....divide by -5 both sides

y = 1.2 x + 4

x + 3=0

x = -3 .................a vertical line

2x - 7 =0

x = 7/2 .................a vertical line

-2x = 2y+5

show us what you have learned from above

Thanks in advance!

Re: Graphing equations

Subhotosh Khan said:
racerx13 said:

6x - 5y +20 =0

y = 1.2 x + 4

x + 3=0

x = -3 .................a vertical line

2x - 7 =0

-2x = 2y+5

show us what you have learned from above

Thanks in advance!

I understand how you got this

6x - 5y +20 =0

y = 1.2 x + 4

How would i go about plotting it?

as well as this one

2x - 7 =0

sorry i'm quite confused.

racerx13 said:
...I didn't have enough time in class to ask my teacher for help cause the bell had just rung when i got to these problems...

Ahhh geezzzzz: that is most unfortunate...