Finding line equations, given point and angle

vanbinark

I have the following questions - I have the answers provided from the teacher, but have NO idea how to get the answer. Can you please show me? Thank you.

1) Write the equation of the line thru (27,45) that is perpendicular to the x-axis

2) Write the equation of the line thru (17,21) that is parallell to the x-axis

3) Write the equation of the line thru (19,22) that is perpendicular to the y-axis

vanbinark said:
I have the answers provided from the teacher, but have NO idea how to get the answer. Can you please show me?
Since this hasn't been covered in class or in your book, and since it is not reasonably feasible to attempt to replace the mising instruction within this environment, please study some of the many online lessons available:

. . . . .Google results for "line equations"

Once you have studied some lessons (at least two!) and have learned the basic terms and techniques (that is, the basic stuff that should have happened in class and in your text), please attempt the exercises. If you get stuck, please reply showing all of your work and reasoning.

Thank you! :D

Eliz.

Example: The line through the point (8,12) that is perpendicular to the x-axis is parallel to the y-axis. The line through (8,12) that is parallel to the y-axis is y=12.
Nuff said.

vanbinark said:
I have no idea what you are talking about.
It is to be regretted that none of the lessons you read (from the link provided earlier) made any headway with you. Among other things, it indicates that you need much more help than we can provide! :oops:

Please consider hiring a tutor who can help you learn whatever background material is missing, the lack of which is preventing you from understanding what you've read. :idea:

My best wishes to you! :D

Eliz.