Probability that assembled item contains piece from Bangkok

benderzfloozy

Hi. I am having a REALLY difficult time with probability :x . This is the given situation:

Suppose you wish to start an electromechanical manufacturing company and have decided to produce DVD Rewinders. Since you are interested in developing a reputation as a global company, you decide to purchase component parts from a variety of geographically distant vendors. Each DVD Rewinder contains one Circumferential Accelerator and one Assytabulum Co-Radial Breaking Clutch. These two major components are supplied as follows:

Circumferential Accelerators
25% from a manufacturer in Singapore
75% from a manufacturer in Korea

Assytabulum Co-Radial Breaking Clutch
60% from a manufacturer in Phillipines
40% from a manufacturer in Bangkok

Components are warehoused and selected at random, without regard to manufacturer.

What is the probability that an assembled DVD Rewinder contains an Assytabulum Co-Radial Breaking Clutch from Bangkok?
I said P(from Bangkok) = 40/100 = .40 since 40 of the breaking clutches come from Assytabulum

What is the probability that an assembled DVD Rewinder contains a component from either Singapore or the Phillipines?
My answer was P(Singapore or Phillipines) = P(Singapore) * P(Phillipines) = .25 * .60 = .15. I used the multiplication rule here because there are 2 events.

What is the probability that an assembled DVD Rewinder contains a Circumferential Accelerator from Korea and an Assytabulum Co-Radial Breaking Clutch from Bangkok?

My answer was P(from Korea & Bangkok) = P(Korea|Bangkok)*P(Bangkok) = .75 * .40 = .3

Given that a DVD Rewinder has an Assytabulum Co-Radial Breaking Clutch that was manufactured in the Philippines, what is the probability that the Circumferential Accelerators was manufactured in Korea?
My answer was P(made in Korea) = .75. because the where the clutch and the accelerator are made are totally independent of one another; it doesn't matter.

As you can see, this problem is horrific, and it took me a LONG time to get to this point. Before I go any further, I just wanted some input by people who actually know what they're doing. If you can, please guide this tormented, young mathematician a moment of peace.....please?? :cry: