List inequalities, objective fcn for max profit on candy

vic

We don't have a book to look this up all i have is notes from class today and i can't figure it out please help me

to raise money for it's activities, the knights club sells candy @ the carnival. The mint lover's pack contains 4g of choclates and 12g of mints. the 50-50 pack contains 8g of chocolate and 8g of mints. A local business has donated 1200g of chocolate and 1920g of mints. The knight club sells each mint lovers pack for 25 cents and each 50-50 pack for 45 cents Assuming that the candy is sold how many of each pack should the club make to earn the maximum profit?

List all the inequalities that you will use to create your feasible region. Write the objective function that you will nees in order to find the maximum profit.

Re: Not given a math book

let x = number of mint lover boxes
y = number of 50/50 boxes

constraints ...

for the chocolate candy ... 4x + 8x < 1200

for the mint candy ... 12y + 8y < 1920

(note that both of these inequalities can be further simplified, then graphed to find your feasible region)

the objective function, where P is profit in cents ...

P = 25x + 45y

vic said:
We don't have a book to look this up all i have is notes from class today and i can't figure it out please help me
For additional instruction on linear programming, please consider studying some of the many lessons available online. :wink:

Eliz.