linear equations: choose values of m and b, then....

gmccormick

Hello Everyone

I have another one, this is from my last assignment

Consider first a linear equtation of the form y = mx + b.
1. Choose values of m and b, then plot the initial equation.
2. Change m to make a different plot.
3. Change b ( but not m) in the original equation and plot the result.
4. Finally, use the new values of m and b to create a plot. Place all four on the same graph.

next one is

Now choose a linear inequality of the form y < mx + b or y > mx + b.
1. Choose vaules of m and b, then plot the initial equation.
2. Change m to make a different plot.
3. Change b ( but not m) in the original equation, and plot the result.
4. Use the new values of m and b to create a plot.
5. place all four on the same second graph.

OK when I done this I got an F, because I did not do it correct. So if anyone has any idea's please HELP

Thank You for you help
Ginger

gmccormick said:
OK when I done this I got an F, because I did not do it correct. So if anyone has any idea's please HELP
Unfortunately, since we don't know what you did, there is no way to correct whatever errors you made. Sorry! :oops:

Eliz.

You are the financial manager of a furntiure company. It is your job to create supply and demand graphs that show the break-even point for the company. the functions that describe how the company can break even will be represented with linear equations. Linear inequalilties will be used to graph conditions where the compnay experiences losses and also where the company would be making a profit.

Before you get started with the actual financail numbers, you will want to practice by creating and comparing various kinds of graphs. To start, you will be comparing the graphs of linear inequalities.

This goes with the one that has the y = mx + b.

I hope that helps. Thats all I have

Again, as stapel has said, you didn't show any of your work so we really have no idea where you went wrong.

gmccormick said:
linear inequalities.

y = mx + b.
You may wish to check your fundamental premise. Something isn't making sense.