[SPLIT] how to represent n! as tree diagram

hugodrewett

i need to know how i can represent n! as a tree diagram for a piece of maths coursework. and i cant find how to do my own post either.

hugodrewett said:
i need to know how i can represent n! as a tree diagram for a piece of maths coursework.
Factorials are products. Tree diagrams show branchings of options (choices). While Pascal's Triangle (which might look sort of like a tree diagram) can be used to find the coefficients of a binomial expansion (and the coefficients do involve factorials), I'm not sure how one might "represent" the product (that is, the factorial) with a tree.

Please reply with the exact text of the exercise, along with a clear listing of your thoughts and work so far. Thank you.

hugodrewett said:
...and i cant find how to do my own post either.
Your new post has been split. In future, please do not tack new questions onto old threads. Instead:

Choose the forum appropriate to the topic of your question. Within that forum, click the "NEWTOPIC *" button, located below the forum title (in this case, "Probability / Statistics") and above the topic listing, on the left-hand side of the "white space" near the top of the page. Clicking this button will open a new page with a blank form. Enter your subject line and post in the boxes of this form. Upon completion, click the "Submit" button below the text-message box.

For further information, kindly review the Forum FAQ list. Thank you.

Eliz.