Graphing Y=2^x

FantastalisticJonas

How do I graph Y=2^x

This will probably be pretty easy once I catch on, but could someone explain it to me? Lol.

The only thing I think I know is that i put a number such as 0 in for x. But I'm still confused! Help! :D

Yesterday, I just had to choose a graph from 3 choices. i didn't actually have to make one. It's still kinda confusing for me. As I said, I'm only a seventh grader.

FantastalisticJonas said:
Yesterday, I just had to choose a graph from 3 choices. i didn't actually have to make one. It's still kinda confusing for me. As I said, I'm only a seventh grader.

The way we normally plot graphs is to find a bunch of points that are on the graph, and then connect them with a smooth curve. I've not seen 7th graders doing exponential graphs before....BUT

Pick some values of x. For each x value you pick, find the corresponding y value, and plot the point.

For example, when x = 1, y = 2^1, or y = 2. The point (1, 2) is on the graph.

If x = 2, then y = 2^2, or y = 4. The point (2, 4) is on the graph.

If you are being asked to graph this kind of function, I certainly hope you've studied the meaning of 0 as an exponent, and the meaning of negative exponents, because you should certainly use 0 and some negative numbers as values for x.

You will probably need at least 5 or 6 points to be able to get an idea of what the graph looks like.