marginal productivity: 3 locks/hr for labor, 0.4 locks/$ for

twindjs

This time I have a marginal productivity type question that I have no idea on how to even begin. Help please.

The marginal produtivity of labor is 3 locks per hour of labor, while the marginal productiity of capital is .4 locks per dollar of capital.

a) If labor is costing $15/hour, how should the firm go about expanding, by using labor or using capital?
b) When would you stop adding the factor you chose?

Clueless folks. I have no idea on what to do here and if I did I am not sure how my calculations would be used to answer the questions.

twindjs said:
This time I have a marginal productivity type question that I have no idea on how to even begin. Help please.

The marginal produtivity of labor is 3 locks per hour of labor, while the marginal productiity of capital is .4 locks per dollar of capital.

a) If labor is costing $15/hour, how should the firm go about expanding, by using labor or using capital?
b) When would you stop adding the factor you chose?

Clueless folks. I have no idea on what to do here and if I did I am not sure how my calculations would be used to answer the questions.

Please tell us the definitions (mathematical) of marginal productivities of labor and capital.