Solving for Z: -5/4q - 4 = 9

liciapicia

OK I dont even know where to start with this problem. I cant find my notes or anything. Thanks!

-5/4q -4=9

Re: Solving for Z

If the equation contains common fractions, one starting point is to multiply both sides of the equation by the least common denominator.

liciapicia said:
OK I dont even know where to start with this problem. I cant find my notes or anything.
We'll be glad to try to find lesson links (so you can study the topic and learn the basics, before attempting the homework), but some clarification would be helpful. For instance, from your subject line, what is "Z" and how does this relate to the equation? What topics have been studies recently in class? Etc.

liciapicia said:
-5/4q -4=9
Does the above mean any of the following?

. . . . .-5/(4q - 4) = 9

. . . . .-5/4q[sup:1zuc8cby]-4[/sup:1zuc8cby] = 9

. . . . .-5/[4(q - 4)] = 9

. . . . .-5/(4q) - 4 = 9

. . . . .-5/(4q)[sup:1zuc8cby]-4[/sup:1zuc8cby] = 9

. . . . .(-5/4)(q - 4) = 9

. . . . .(-5/4)q[sup:1zuc8cby]-4[/sup:1zuc8cby] = 9

. . . . .(-5/4)q - 4 = 9

Or something else? Thank you! :D

Eliz.

I have no clue...I am doing a practice test for a state exam and i guess I missed the class when he was going over the problem. Like I said I have no clue what to do. I am sorry I am not very helpful. I am just trying to understand everything I can about these problems because I have to pass this state test in order to pass the class. There is another problem I dont understand eiteh which is

solve for x t = -4z + 9x

liciapicia said:
OK I dont even know where to start with this problem. I cant find my notes or anything. Thanks!

-5/4q -4=9

Your subject header says "solving for Z" -- I can't see 'Z' in -5/4q -4=9