math project: int[(1+x^2)/x]dx, (3+x)/[(1-x)(1+3x)] in part.

carlasader

hi everyone i have attached my math project because i need help in solving it and i dont know where to start from ...need urgent help[attachment=0:20klnpnh]scan0005.jpg[/attachment:20klnpnh]

Attachments

• scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 276
carlasader said:
i have attached my math project because i need help in solving it and i dont know where to start from
I'm sorry, but this material is so far past "Beginning Algebra" that I'm afraid there is no possible way to explain this to you in just a forum posting. You need to finish your current algebra course, take a few more, take trigonometry, and then take a course or two of calculus. By that point, this can be explained.

Pretty harsh "project", if you ask me.... :shock:

Eliz.

P.S. For those unable to view the image, the scanned text is as follows:

3-a) Find int [1,illegible] [ (1 + x^2) / x ] dx.

3-b) Express f(x) = (3 + x) / [ (1 - x)(1 + 3x) ] in partial fractions.

3-c) Hence, find int [0, illegible] [ f(x) ] dx.

Given: f(x) = (x + 4) / [ (x + 1)[sup:2ew98azy]2[/sup:2ew98azy] (x + 2) ].

4-a) Express f(x) as A / (x + 1)[sup:2ew98azy]2[/sup:2ew98azy] + B / (x + 1) + C / (x + 2), and find the values of A, B, and C.

4-b) Evaluate f'(1), giving your answer as an exact rational number.

The finite region R is bounded by the curve y = f(x), the coordinate axes, and the line x = 3.

4-c) Find the area of R, giving your answer in the form "p + ln(q)", and find the values of p and q.

Q3a. Split the equation up and integrate (1/x = In(x))

Q3b. Do you have a formula sheet?

( px + q ) / ( (ax + b)(cx + d) ) = A / (ax + b) + B / (cx + d)

Cross multiply to get (px + q) = A(cx + d) + B(ax + b), then just make x be something to eliminate A or B to find them both.

Q3c. Integrate that answer.

Q4. Check your formula sheet!

markbrock30 said:
...integrate (1/x = In(x))

( px + q ) / ( (ax + b)(cx + d) ) = A / (ax + b) + B / (cx + d)

...Integrate that answer.
Okay, but now you need to explain partial-fraction decomposition and integration to this elementary-algebra student.

popcorn.gif

Eliz.

elementary-algebra student

We have a beer called Tui over here in New Zealand...

The beer's advertising campaign consists of statements followed by - Yeah Right...

E.g. The person who posted this is doing elementary level math - Yeah Right....

:lol: :lol: