Order of topics in index of lessons available somewhere?

KrisH66

I will be returning to college after a 10 yr "break" so to speak. I think this site can help me tremendously. However, it has been so long since I tried to do anything remotely algebraic that I don't remember which topic comes first and next and so on. The index here is listed alphabetically. Could someone just give me a quick break down of the order in which I should go through the index or list of topics here please.

Thank you
Kris :)

Re: Order of topics in index.

KrisH66 said:
I will be returning to college after a 10 yr "break" so to speak. I think this site can help me tremendously. However, it has been so long since I tried to do anything remotely algebraic that I don't remember which topic comes first and next and so on. The index here is listed alphabetically. Could someone just give me a quick break down of the order in which I should go through the index or list of topics here please.

Thank you
Kris :)

Go to:

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/index.htm

Re: Order of topics in index.

Most college catalogs include prerequisites in the course descriptions. Pick a course and see what the immediate prerequisites are and work backwards. Furthermore, the numbering of the courses usually gives a clue as to the level of the course. For instance, numbers below 100 may be remedial; from 100 to 199, lower division; from 200 to 299, upper division; from 300 to 399, graduate; etc. And, you will probably find that you should take an "A" course before a "B" course before a "C" course. For instance Math 1A, Beginning Algebra should be taken before Math 1B, Intermediate Algebra, which should precede Math 1C, Advanced Algebra.
Get a copy of the catalog and so some reading.