Please help, i dont even know where to start: L-4(2/x-2)^2

lovexthatkid

To find the image length, L, of a 4-foot-tall object in a spherical mirror with a focal length of 2 feet, L-4(2/x-2)^2 can be used, where x is the distance, in feet, of the object from the mirror. What is the image length of the object when it is 1.5 feet away from the mirror?

Re: Someone please help, i dont even know where to start. ]]:

lovexthatkid said:
To find the image length, L, of a 4-foot-tall object in a spherical mirror with a focal length of 2 feet, L-4(2/x-2)^2 can be used, where x is the distance, in feet, of the object from the mirror. What is the image length of the object when it is 1.5 feet away from the mirror?
1) You simply MUST write carefully. Can we assume you meant to write an equation? Image Length = L - 4(2/(x-2))^2 In this equation, L cannot be the image length.

2) You are given the height of the object, 4 ft = L. This results in Image Length = 4 - 4(2/(x-2))^2

3) You are given the distance, x = 1.5 ft. This results in Image Length = 4 - 4(2/(1.5-2))^2

4) I'm just guessing what you mean and it really makes little sense to me. You must present the ENTIRE problem statement EXACTLY as it is worded.

5) I believe you have no idea where to start. It appears you are trying to do a review without ever actually looking at the material. This is not encouraging.