[SPLIT] would like to compare curricula w/ that of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBS1

WELL, I CAN ASK FOR SOME HELP HERE. CAN ANYONE POST THE MATHS SYLLABUS FOR THE 8th GRADE HERE SO THAT I CAN COMPARE THAT TO MINE IN INDIA.

SBS1 said:
CAN ANYONE POST THE MATHS SYLLABUS FOR THE 8th GRADE HERE SO THAT I CAN COMPARE THAT TO MINE IN INDIA.
Were you interested in any particular country, region, district, school, or type of school? (Since the curricula vary between countries, areas of countries, districts within countries, schools within districts, and the different types of schools, it would help if you clarified your request.)

Please be complete, including whether you are interested only in those schools which are covering algebra in the eighth-grade maths courses. Thank you.

Eliz.

In USA the curriculum is very flexible. There some students - who would graduate (from high school) with calculus, vector analysis, multi-variate calculus and there are students who would graduate without trigonometry.

MR SUBHOTOSH KHAN , THAT WAS REALLY HELPFUL. I AM AN 8 GRADER. IN ALGEBRA, I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE QUADRATIC EQ, SIMULTANEOUS EQ,DIVISION, HCF , LCM,ETC. IN ARITHMETIC, I KNOW TIME AND WORK, TIME AND DISTANCE,PARTNERSHIP BUSINESS, DECIMALS, FRACTIONS, DIVISION( OBVIOUS),MULTIPLICATION, PERCENTAGE , MIXTURE, SIMPLE INTEREST,HCF,LCM,ETC.I ALSO KNOW TILL STANDARD DEVIATION IN STATS.SO WHAT IS MY REAL STANDARD,MR KHAN(YOU TEACH STATS IN TEXAS).YOU SHOULD KNOW.I ALSO KNOW A BIT OF PROBABILITY.I AM TRYING TO LEARN TRIGNOMETRY AS WELL.AND ARE YOU OF INDIAN ORIGIN?

Kindly please turn off "CAPS LOCK", as there is no need to SHOUT. Thank you. :wink:

SBS1 said:
SO WHAT IS MY REAL STANDARD,MR KHAN(YOU TEACH STATS IN TEXAS). YOU SHOULD KNOW.
I'm not sure on what basis you concluded that this particular tutor (who lives in Virginia and doesn't teach) is actually an active college statistics professor working in Texas...? Or that any such professor would somehow be familiar with the fifty different state "standards" for middle- and high-school students in the United States -- let alone know how this might relate to whatever is the "standard" under which you are studying in whichever part of India you reside (assuming such a comparison even exists)...? :shock:

It might help if you first defined what you mean by a "real" standard (as opposed to a "fake", "fraudulent", "pretend", or some other sort of standard...?), and how this information is necessary to whatever is the homework exercise on which you are needing math-tutoring assistance. It would probably also help if you posted the full and exact text of, and complete instructions for, the exercise in question. :idea:

(It might also be wise, not to mention polite, to allow other tutors to enter the conversation. It's not like there is any paid "staff" waiting to provide on-demand answers. The volunteers surf by as they can. If you are willing to work only with one tutor, you will need to contract with a service which guarantees such. With the American "summer vacation" season fast approaching, any of the volunteers here could soon disappear for a period of weeks or months, possibly leaving your messages unanswered until the new school year.) :!:

SBS1 said:
ARE YOU OF INDIAN ORIGIN?
Please note that personal information is just that: personal. Nobody (tutors or otherwise) is required here to provide anything other than mutual respect. Thank you for your consideration.

When you provide the context and text of the exercise for which you have requested "standards" correlation, please include a clear listing of your work, reasoning, and research so far. Thank you! :D

Eliz.

i am sorry, it was my younger brother who played a prank.i only left the computer during being logged in, and he did it then.sorry

SBS1 said:
i am sorry, it was my younger brother who played a prank.
Siblings happen. :wink:

Thread locked.

Eliz.

Status
Not open for further replies.