Can someone help me with my accounting homework?

SugarMami6981

Hello.

:)

I have been trying to figure out how to do these accounting homework problems forever! I was wondering if anyone can help me figure these out?

I have scanned images so you guys can see:

Here is the first one:

16k3ko7.jpg

Here is the second one:

t6rybp.jpg

Thanks guys!!

-Stacy

SugarMami6981 said:
Hello.

:)

I have been trying to figure out how to do these accounting homework problems forever! I was wondering if anyone can help me figure these out?

I have scanned images so you guys can see:

Here is the first one:

16k3ko7.jpg

Here is the second one:

t6rybp.jpg

Thanks guys!!

-Stacy

Please share with us your work/thoughts - so that we know where to begin to help you.

I have guessed that the answer for number 12 is C. I added the two figures up and they equal 800,000. But I'm not sure of the technique and if it is correct. Can someone tell me if it is or isn't correct? I'm not trying to get the sleazy answer I actually do wish to learn!!

For the second, I would guess that the growth for mixed would be 25,000, again C. It's the only one that makes sense considering reasonable growth but i'm not sure of the technique of if this is accurate. Could someone explain as to how to come to that conclusion? (I am confident that I am correct in both cases, but I don't know the *true technque* for getting these, they are just my best guesses)

I want to learn!

Thanks....

Could you post the logic as to how to calculate these problems? Any clear guidance would be invaluable!!! Thanks

I suspect the answers are in the definitions of the terms. Please provide these definitions:

Contribution Margin:
Activity Level:
Relevent Range (for Activity Level):
Mixed Costs: