[SPLIT] need help w/ graphing process after plotting domain &

attened

I'm having trouble understanding the graphing process after I plot the "domain and range onto the grid. I viewed the example that you gave. It's the lines drawn that confuses me. Are the way they are drawn very important? Are the scribbled lines connecting to the plots? Are they showing the separations between them? I'm guessing, now that I'm writing this out to you, the understanding is getting a little clearer...but I still need your help.
Thank you in advance.
Denetta.

attened said:
I'm having trouble understanding the graphing process after I plot the "domain and range onto the grid.
The domain is customarily found from the function, and the range is usually found from the graph. How are you "plotting" these (since they would be intervals on either axis, and are almost never "plotted"), and how are you finding the range at all when you don't know how to find the graph in the first place?

attened said:
I viewed the example that you gave....
You viewed what example that who gave where? The above appears to be your first post to these forums, so it seems unlikely that you could be referring to some ongoing thread of your own. And your post had to be split from another student's completely unrelated thread, so it is unlikely that you could be referring to any content in that other conversation. Are you perhaps having some private-message conversation with somebody here, and accidentally posted this response openly...? Or did you mistake this site for some other one...?

Please pardon my confusion, and reply with clarification. When you reply, kindly please include a link to whatever is the "wiggly line" graphic to which you make reference. Thank you.

Eliz.