Trouble In Stat: requesting advice regarding sites, texts

Blitze105

I just started AP statistics in school about a month ago. Our teacher admits that she is not a stat teacher and does not teach it. Thus we are left to study on our own.

With that.. i looked up a few sites for stat lessons but didn't have much luck on finding a decent one with many example problems to do and learn from. is there any sites that could help me? As i said i just started stat so i would almost need it from start to finish...

Any suggested websites would be very helpful to me... Thank you.

Re: Trouble In Stat

i looked up a few sites for stat lessons but didn't have much luck on finding a decent one with many example problems to do and learn from.

What text book are you using? I recommend you try to find one if, for some reason, you do not have one. The AP Stats classes are often taught with great emphasis on calculator usage, such as the TI-83, -84, -89. There are text books designed to utilize the “canned” stats routines in these calculators. One example is “The Practice of Statistics” by Yates, Moore, and Starnes. The 1st edition was written with the TI-83 in mind; the 2nd edition also references the TI-89. The books provide examples and also help in utilizing the calculators.

Well the text book for the class refers to the TI-81 or 82.. as "future technology." Thus i don't think it's a great idea to use it. Plus this book talks about the ideas of stat, not really how to do it. Our tests are given to us out of another book that she won't tell us the title to because it's a work book and it has the answers in it.

The book you recommended.. i will get it and try to learn it from there. I'm sure barnes and noble will have it.

Schaum's Outline of Statistics (Paperback)
by Murray R. Spiegel (Author), Larry J. Stephens (Author)