need help with my first statistics course

peggyskold

I am in my first stats course ever and having trouble wrapping my head around the "levels of measurement" was having trouble posting here so I think I emailed one of you but not sure so will try to post here
I am to determine level of measurement
1)Temperature of hard drives after different hours of usage--Would this be interval? I'm not at all sure
2)Student's grades of A, B, C on a test--would this be ordinal? Again not understanding
3)Heights of professional basketball players--would this be Ratio? Not sure
4)Hair color (red, brown, black, blonde)--I am pretty sure this would be nominal

I really want to understand how to do this but I'm doing this online and it is so difficult to explain what I don't get because I don't get it. Anyone who could help me understand this I would so much appreciate your help. Thanks
Peggy :?

peggyskold said:
I am in my first stats course ever and having trouble wrapping my head around the "levels of measurement" was having trouble posting here so I think I emailed one of you but not sure so will try to post here
I am to determine level of measurement
1)Temperature of hard drives after different hours of usage--Would this be interval? I'm not at all sure

Depends on unite - whether °C (interval) or °K (ratio)

2)Student's grades of A, B, C on a test--would this be ordinal? Again not understanding <<< Correct
3)Heights of professional basketball players--would this be Ratio? Not sure<<< Correct
4)Hair color (red, brown, black, blonde)--I am pretty sure this would be nominal<<< Correct

For a review go to:
http://www.andrews.edu/~calkins/math/we ... htm#LEVELS

I really want to understand how to do this but I'm doing this online and it is so difficult to explain what I don't get because I don't get it. Anyone who could help me understand this I would so much appreciate your help. Thanks
Peggy :?