standard deviation

ajmom88

It has been awhile since I took my Business Stat course & need someone to help refresh my memory on have to get the standard deviation. Finance Professor told us we need to remember how to do it either long way or with calculator (mine is a TI-83 Plus).

Can someone help with this.

Do you know how to refresh your own memory? (This is a rhetorical question.)

I just googled "how to find standard deviation", and found over 15 million resources.

Did you save your Business Stats textbook?

Do you have the User Guide for the TI-83 Plus?

(I'm confident that, after entering your data into a list, there is a single command on the TI-83 that provides several basic statistics at once. If you're totally helpless, then let me know, and I will download the User Guide from Texas Instruments and find the specific keystrokes for you.)

Do a google search on "standard deviation" ; save us all a lot of typing :idea:

Thank you!

And yes I googled "how to find standard deviation", and also found over 15 million resources and was still having problems remembering how to exactly understand it. I guess when you reach the ripe old age of 50 some things don't come as easy as others. No I did not keep my Stats Testbook as I had borrowed it from someone nor do I have a user guide to the TI-82 Plus. Oops!

Again thank you!

ajmom88 said:
… I guess when you reach the ripe old age of 50 some things don't come as easy as others …

There's no need to guess. I can confirm this for you.

ajmom88 said:
I guess when you reach the ripe old age of 50 some things don't come as easy as others.
Ya mom; like, we still have a good memory, but it's short :(