[MOVED] Intercepts of N = f(t), & what they represent

the_new_talent

I know this is probably part of algebra, but it's the beginning of my calculus class so that is why it is posted here. If I posted in the wrong place - I do apologize. Okay, so it's been awhile since I had algebra so this is probably going to be really simple but I'm just sitting here confusing myself. This is my problem:

-Figure 1.11 shows the amount of nicotine, N = f(t), in mg, in a person's bloodstream as a function of the time, t, in hours, since the person finished smoking a cigarette.-

It is asking me for the vertical & horizontal intercepts, which I have gathered is the same as x & y intercepts :roll: , and then it asks what each intercept represents.

And I understand it would probably be more helpful if I could post the graph but I can't. So if anyone can help that would be awesome! Thanks! :D

BJT

The axes have changed names. The y-axis is now called the N-axis, and the x-axis is now called the t-axis.

The N-intercept (vertical axis intercept) represents the value of function f when t = 0 (in other words, right when the smoker finishes the cigarette).

The t-intercept (horizontal axis intercept) represents the value of t where the function's value is zero (in other words, when nicotine is no longer detectable in the bloodstream).

Is this enough information for you to state the meaning of the intercepts, corresponding to what the graph represents (i.e., state the units)?