Standard Deviations

prdmary

I am totally lost when it comes to this......here is one example. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

The results of a statewide exam for assessing the mathematics of realtors were normally distributed with a mean score of 72 and a standard deviation of 13. The realtors who scored in the top 10% are to receive a special certificate, while those in the bottom 25% will be required to attend a remedial workshop. What score does a realtor need in order to receive a certificate? What score sill dictate that the realtor attend the workshop?

prdmary said:
I am totally lost when it comes to this......here is one example. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

The results of a statewide exam for assessing the mathematics of realtors were normally distributed with a mean score of 72 and a standard deviation of 13. The realtors who scored in the top 10% are to receive a special certificate, while those in the bottom 25% will be required to attend a remedial workshop. What score does a realtor need in order to receive a certificate? What score sill dictate that the realtor attend the workshop?

Hint: Consider using z-distribution table.

Please show us your work, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we know where to begin to help you.