please help me find what to do next.

pattylou

5(x-4)+6x-3(-2x+5)=
5x-20=6x+6x-15

I'm trying to learn how to do these problems for a test to enter LPN school. I never took algebra in school and I can only do very simple problems. I have asked many to show me how to do these problems and either they do the problem so fast, without any actual teaching or they say they have no idea what to do. I'm desperate for a teacher to help me. I want to go to school but I have been out of high school 36years and this is what will keep me from living my dream of becoming a nurse. I hope you can show me what I've done wrong so far and what to do next. Thankyou.

pattylou said:
5(x-4)+6x-3-2x+5) <<<< This does not look correct - in fact it is not correct. You have incomplete bracket.
Then I think you replaced a "=" sign with a "+" sign and replaced '(' with a "-" sign. In addition, you do not tell us what did the problem ask you to do (probably "Solve for x").

Please correct those problems and re-post.

5x-20=6x+6x-15

I'm trying to learn how to do these problems for a test to enter LPN school. I never took algebra in school and I can only do very simple problems. I have asked many to show me how to do these problems and either they do the problem so fast, without any actual teaching or they say they have no idea what to do. I'm desperate for a teacher to help me. I want to go to school but I have been out of high school 36years and this is what will keep me from living my dream of becoming a nurse. I hope you can show me what I've done wrong so far and what to do next. Thankyou.

Check the solution at:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34678

by mathland