HELP PLEASE! Probability Problem Big 10 or Pac-10?

FIREFIGHTINFOOL

Im really looking for HOW to do these again!...If you supply the answers that is a definite (needed) bonus for me, but not required!!

Survey asking "Will the Big Ten or the Pac-10 have a team in this years Rose Bowl. Of 13,429 responsdents, 2961 said the Big Ten, 4494 said the Pac-10 and 6832 said neither the Big Ten or the Pac-10.

- What is the probaility that a respondent said neither
- What is the probability that a respondent said either
-Find the probability that a respondent said both

Ok, my brain seems to be locked up on this one and the following one!

University of Penn received 2851 applications for early admissions. Of this group, it admitted 1033 students early, rejected 854 outright, and deferred 964 to the regular admission pool. In the past, Penn has admitted 18% of the deferred early admission during the regular admissions process. Counting the additional students who were admitted during the regular process, the total class size was 2375. Let E,R, and D represent the events.

- Use the data to estimate P(E), P(R) and P(D)
- Are events E and D mutually exclusive? Find P(E?D)
- For the 2375 students admitted, what is the probability that a randomly selected student was accepted for early admission
- Suppose a studnet applies for ealy admission. What is the probability the studnet will be admitted for early admission or be deferred andlater admitted during regular admission process?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME!!!

FIREFIGHTINFOOL said:
Im really looking for HOW to do these again!...If you supply the answers that is a definite (needed) bonus for me, but not required!!

Survey asking "Will the Big Ten or the Pac-10 have a team in this years Rose Bowl. Of 13,429 responsdents, 2961 said the Big Ten, 4494 said the Pac-10 and 6832 said neither the Big Ten or the Pac-10.

- What is the probaility that a respondent said neither = (#of people said neither)/(Total # of respondents) = 6832/13429
- What is the probability that a respondent said either Follow the same procedure as above
-Find the probability that a respondent said both

Ok, my brain seems to be locked up on this one and the following one!

University of Penn received 2851 applications for early admissions. Of this group, it admitted 1033 students early, rejected 854 outright, and deferred 964 to the regular admission pool. In the past, Penn has admitted 18% of the deferred early admission during the regular admissions process. Counting the additional students who were admitted during the regular process, the total class size was 2375. Let E,R, and D represent the events.

- Use the data to estimate P(E), P(R) and P(D)
- Are events E and D mutually exclusive? Find P(E?D)
- For the 2375 students admitted, what is the probability that a randomly selected student was accepted for early admission
- Suppose a studnet applies for ealy admission. What is the probability the studnet will be admitted for early admission or be deferred andlater admitted during regular admission process?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME!!!

Please show us your woek, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we know where to begin to help you.