Probability on dice rolling

jak75

If anyone can help me I am totally lost with this work. I have probability questions, it says make up a game using dice. If you roll a total of 8 on two dice you win. Find the probability of rolling an 8 and see if this probability seems to be true by rolling the dice a large numeber of times. Will you win a lot of money at this game? Would suggest that a large number of times used would be between 75-100. What is the probabiltiy of drawing an 8? How many times you rolled the dice and how many times you rolled an 8?
If any one can help I would appreciate it. I have read and read my text book and Im not getting it.

Thank you

If anyone can help me I am totally lost with this work. I have probability questions, it says make up a game using dice. If you roll a total of 8 on two dice you win. Find the probability of rolling an 8 and see if this probability seems to be true by rolling the dice a large numeber of times. Will you win a lot of money at this game? Would suggest that a large number of times used would be between 75-100. What is the probabiltiy of drawing an 8? How many times you rolled the dice and how many times you rolled an 8?
If any one can help I would appreciate it. I have read and read my text book and Im not getting it.

This won't be too difficult; just draw yourself a 6x 6 table. Write 1-6 across the column headings and the same for the rows. In the 36 boxes you have created, write in the total of the row and column numbers. That's it! Now you can easily see the probability of rolling any sum. For example, there is only one box that has a 2 in it. That means there is only 1 chance out of 36 of getting "2".

If you roll the dice 100 times, that should be sufficient to approximate the odds. That is called a simulation, which can also be done on some calculators. It won't be exactly what the table tells you, but the more times you roll the dice, the closer your values will approach the table predictions.

Thank you for your help that will help me get going. I was having a hard time trying to figure out how to get it started.
Thank you again.