Probability and Sampling Distributions

cruxkitty

On a construction site, subcontractor A is responsible for completing the structural frame of a building. When this task is complete, subcontractor B then begins the task of installing electrical wiring and outlets. The following tables show estimated probabilities of completing each task in x days:

Framing time (days) x: 10 15 20 25 30
Probability, p1(x): .10 .20 .30 .30 .10

Wiring time(days)y: 5 10 15 20
Probability p2(y): .20 .50 .20 .10

a) Calculate the expected completion time for each task.

b) Find the probability distribution of the total time for completing both tasks (assume that the framing and wiring tasks are independent )

c) What is the probability that the total time to complete both tasks is less that 35 days?

d) What is the expected time for completing both tasks?

- So far I havent done much on this problem because we just started this subject and I am just lost. I think part a I find the probabilities of both x and y and then add them together but I would like to see it because I want to know if I am setting it up correctly. part b is just using independence so Im assuming that means P(x|y)= p(x)*p(y) +p(x)*p(y).... Part c I think I can figure out if I know what I am doing on part a because I know that it wants P(x and y< 35). Part d I assume is also related to part a. Thank you so much for your time.