PLEASE HELP :) IM NEW!

izzypop08

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK AT MY TOPIC! <3

I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH THIS FOR HOURS!
What are the odds in favor of drawing a card higher than a 9 from an ordinary deck of cards?

i thought since 10 j, k, Q are the only ones above it that you would just times them by four and add them together and put that over 51 ( since you take one card out) but it didnt come out right! :(

Also....

A sorority has 30 members, 20 of whom are full members and 10 are pledges. Two persons are selected at random from the membership list of the sorority. Find the requested probabilities.
(a) The first person selected is a pledge.

(b) The first person selected is not a pledge.

(c) The second person selected is a pledge if the first person selected was also a pledge.

(d) The second person selected was a full member if the first person selected was a pledge.

(e) The second person selected is a pledge if the first person selected was a full member.

(f) The second person selected is a full member if the first person selected was also a full member.

(g) The second person selected was a pledge.

im not asking for all of them to be answered...but just how do i go about attacking this problem? thanks. any help is GREATLY appreciated!

i am sorry if this was posted in the wrong section....i didnt see a liberal arts math section but that could just be me! :////

izzypop08 said:
What are the odds in favor of drawing a card higher than a 9 from an ordinary deck of cards?
4 10's, 4 Jacks, 4 Queens, 4 Kings = 16 cards; 16/52 = 4/13 = odds

Your question is weirdly worded; clearer: What is the probability of drawing a card higher than a 9.........