Permutation(?) help

• Thread starter Deleted member 4993
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4993

scienceexp said:
Ok, I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up this problem. What would be the most efficient way of setting up this experiment (from a mathematical perspective). We made a solution that is made up of 7 different chemicals that were just randomly mixed together. We found out that our random mixture was an amazing antimicrobial. Since the amount of each chemical was random, we think that maybe the effectiveness of the solution could be improved by tweaking the amount of each chemical present. So now we are trying to figure what combination of chemicals would make the ultimate bacterial killing solution. We are going to test our combinations on five different types of bacteria. What would be the most efficient way to figure out how to make the "ultimate" bacterial killing solution? So how would I go about figuring this out?

Its for a real life experiment, <<< Whom are you kidding ?? - this is a variation of an old riddle.

but I don't remember exactly how to do this.

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

To start with (since this is REAL LIFE experiment) - what are the chemicals you are mixing?

In mixing chemicals, order of mixing may become important (like acid with water)