Normal Distribution Concepts and characteristics?

rlgordon25

Here is my question for class.

Describe the concept of normal distribution. Next, select a common characteristic that can be measured. Conduct a minimum of 10 measurements and record them in a table. Decreibe whether the resulting measurements fall into pattern of nomral distribution. What other measurements could you use to conduct this activity.

Now I know what the concept is and how to explain it however the actual table is where it gets me. I am not sure how to do this. I have read through my book several times and I am just not understanding any of this. I missed this particular class when he explained it due to a death in the family so I am now struggling very much.

Can anyone help me? Whatever you can give me is better than nothing.

Describe the concept of normal distribution. Next, select a common characteristic that can be measured. Conduct a minimum of 10 measurements and record them in a table. Describe whether the resulting measurements fall into pattern of normal distribution.

The possibilities are infinite. Consider coin flipping: the number of “heads” that appears is a “common characteristic that can be measured.” So, for example, you could flip a coin 25 times and record the number of heads that appeared. That would be one measurement. If you repeat this process 9 more times, that would be 10 measurements.

Plot this data on a histogram. Does the histogram resemble a bell-shaped curve?