LINEAR EQUATIONS

TY7000

SO I HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF HOME WORK AND NEED HELP REALLY FAST. I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!

State whether each equation or function is linear. Write yes or no. If no, explain your reasoning.
1.h(x)=23
2.y=2/3x
3.y=5/x
4.9-5xy=2

write each equation in standard form. Identify A, B, and C.
5.y=7x-5
6.y=3/8x+5
7.3y-5=0
8.x=-2/7y+3/4

find the x-intercept and the y-intercept of the graph of each equation. Then graph the equation.
9.y=2x+4
10.2x+7y=14
11.y=-2x-4
12.6x+2y=6

13. The equation y=2.54x gives the length in centimeters corresponding to a length x in inches. What is the length in centimeters of a 1-foot ruler?

for meg's long distance calling plan, the monthly cost C in dollars is given by the linear function C(t)=6+0.05t, where t is the number of minutes talked.

14.What is the total cost of tslking 8 hours? of talking 20 hours?

15.What is the effective cost per minute(the total cost divided by the number of minutes talked) of talking 8 hours? of talking 20 hours?

TY7000 said:
I HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF HOME WORK AND NEED HELP REALLY FAST.

Why did you wait until the "last minute" to start your homework ?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!

The help boards here do not comprise an on-line classroom. If you truly have no ideas whatsoever, then you obviously have not studied anything.

What exactly do you expect the volunteer tutors here to do for you ?

Please do not post laundry lists of homework with no work shown or an absence of specific questions of your own.

Check out the post titled, "Read Before Posting". It outlines your responsibilities for seeking help at freemathhelp.com.

If the guidelines are unacceptable to you, that's okay with us. Go somewhere else for help.

Otherwise, tell us why you're confused on each exercise. Are there words for which you do not know the meaning ?

At this point, I don't know what you need.

Cheers ~ Mark 8-)