Algebraic Fractions

Psychguy98

3x/x-3 - 2x/x +1

So i need to find the common denominator which would be 6x?

Psychguy98 said:
3x/x-3 - 2x/x +1

Hi Psychguy,

You should use grouping symbols (parentheses) to define your numerators and denominators.

I think you mean this:

\(\displaystyle \frac{3x}{x-3}-\frac{2x}{x+1}\)

Your LCD would be \(\displaystyle (x-3)(x+1)\)

masters said:
You should use grouping symbols

I note that people have been asking over weeks of postings for him to use grouping symbols. From my point of view, the continued absence of grouping symbols now seems willful, although I'm not really sure what his deal is.

Psychguy98 said:
3x/x-3 - 2x/x +1
After you've been told OFTEN to use brackets where necessary, why did you not post this as: 3x/(x-3) - 2x/(x +1) ?
If you're not interested in being correct, then I don't think we should be interested in helping you...

Algebraic fractions have properties which are the same as those for numerical fractions, the only di?erence being that the the numerator (top) and denominator (bottom) are both algebraic expressions.
-----------
Thomas

thomasrobert said:
Algebraic fractions have properties which are the same as those for numerical fractions,
the only di?erence being that the the numerator (top) and denominator (bottom) are both algebraic expressions.
-----------
Thomas

The numerator could be an integer in one case, or the denominator could be an integer in another case.

Link:

http://www.regentsprep.org/regents/math ... ddsubt.htm

MelanieIX said:
I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.
Completely I share your opinion. I think, what is it excellent idea.
Good business!

With whom are you attempting to communicate?

Are you another SPAMMER in the works here?

Re: RE:

MelanieIX said:
I about it still heard nothing
It is remarkable, very valuable phrase
Charming topic

S/he is practicing poetry.... I suppose....