Sergent Snow

SILVER

Please help! I cant figure out how to do this problem, here it is: Sergent Snow bought several large french fries at King of French Fries.They were 140 cents each. Sidney bought two more fries then Snow, but his french fries were the medium ones, which only cost 90 cents each. Together they spent $11. How many medium fries did Sidney buy?

Thanks

SILVER said:
Please help! I cant figure out how to do this problem, here it is: Sergent Snow bought several large french fries at King of French Fries.They were 140 cents each. Sidney bought two more fries then Snow, but his french fries were the medium ones, which only cost 90 cents each. Together they spent $11. How many medium fries did Sidney buy?

Hi-yo SILVER,

Let L = the number of large fries Snow bought
Let L + 2 = the number of medium fries Sidney bought

Let 140L = cost of large fries (in cents) Snow bought
Let 90(L + 2) = cost of medium fries (in cents) Sidney bought

Let 1100 = total cost (in cents)

Equation: 140L + 90(L + 2) = 1100

140L + 90L + 180 = 1100

230L = 920

L = 4 (large fries)

L + 2 = 6 (medium fries)

Thanks

Thank you so much! I didnt know where to start, but you really helped!

"Spoon feeding, in the long run, teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon." ~ EM Forster

Re:

mmm4444bot said:

"Spoon feeding, in the long run, teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon." ~ EM Forster

"Learning the shape of the spoon, teaches us the shape of similar spoons" ~ masters

Re: Re:

masters said:
mmm4444bot said:

"Learning the shape of the spoon, teaches us the shape of similar spoons" ~ masters

"In the process of learning the shape of spoons - we forget that the objective was to have a student who can feed him/herself" ~ Chengiz Khan

"I'll gladly learn the shape of all spoons, if in vicinity of
a large bowl of butterscotch-ripple ice cream" ~ Denis