Binomial Distribution Problem

jw4833

Part 1: You are to create an example of an application oriented binomial experiment. You are to give the scenario which should include an “n” and “p”. Both “n” and “p” should be in Table 2 found in the Appendix B. No two initial posts are to be the same.

Part 2: Responses should create a statement to find the probability for this scenario. Examples could be find the probability that x is less than a value, x is between two values, x is greater than or equal a value, etc. You are to present your answer showing correct notation and work to find the probability. No two responses are to be the same.

Go for it. What is your plan to solve this?

There are infintely many examples of making a choice between two possible options or observing the outcome of some experiment.

Well..that's just it..if I knew how to solve it..I don't believe I would have post it on the forum for help...but thanks nonetheless...

A search for "binomial experiment examples" will yield a lot, and should be sufficient for your purposes.

jw4833 said:
Well..that's just it..if I knew how to solve it..I don't believe I would have post it on the forum for help...but thanks nonetheless...

It's really easier than you are making it.

1) Should you get up in the morning? Binomial Experiment. How many people?
2) Should you buy a car or lease? Binomial experiment. How many shoppers?
3) Should you turn left or right at the "T" in the highway? Binomial Experiment. How many cars?
4) Should I vote republican or democrat? Binomial Experiment. How many voters?

You can do this all day. Just pick one!

Thanks so much..you know, I did this at first, however, I was not sure if I was on the right track..I really thank you for breaking it down for me...I am not good at math..and I really do not want to repeat this course..therefore, I do appreciate your feedback...

jw4833 said:
Part 1: You are to create an example of an application oriented binomial experiment. You are to give the scenario which should include an “n” and “p”. Both “n” and “p” should be in Table 2 found in the Appendix B. No two initial posts are to be the same.

Part 2: Responses should create a statement to find the probability for this scenario. Examples could be find the probability that x is less than a value, x is between two values, x is greater than or equal a value, etc. You are to present your answer showing correct notation and work to find the probability. No two responses are to be the same.

Since we do not know where to begin to help you - let us start by asking you to define:

binomial experiment

What does "n" and "p" represent.

Deek Lewis is a 90% freethrow shooter. What's the chance he misses the next two?